The T-fal PF311E ActiBread bread machine has all the standard features: 15 automatic menu programs, 3 loaf sizes, 3 crust colors, 15-hour delay-start function and 1-hour keep warm. What makes it worth looking at besides its stainless steel housing and black plastic top?
This T-fal bread maker has three gluten free menu programs, but there are cheaper bread machines that also have gluten free menu options. However, the T-fal ActiBread still looks better and it is probably better quality as well. You pay a little extra to get a little extra with the T-fal ActiBread.
Our T-fal PF311E ActiBread review provides a list of its main features and answers a few common questions. We also consider its advantages and disadvantages before ending with our conclusion.
- 1 T-fal PF311E ActiBread: List of Features
- 2 Remove the kneading paddle before baking cycle?
- 3 Does it have a baguette tray?
- 4 What menu programs are available?
- 5 Can it make whole wheat bread?
- 6 Can it make white bread?
- 7 What accessories are included?
- 8 What is the warranty?
- 9 T-Fal ActiBread Manual
- 10 Advantages
- 11 Disadvantages
- 12 Conclusion
T-fal PF311E ActiBread: List of Features
- 1-hour keep warm function.
- 15-hour delayed program start timer.
- 15 automatic programs for making various kinds of bread.
- 3 loaf sizes: 1 pound, 1.5 pound or 2 pounds.
- 3 crust color settings: light, medium or dark.
- The lid has a viewing window.
- It has a brushed stainless steel body with black plastic top, lid and bottom.
- LCD display shows loaf size, program number, timer and crust color selections.
- The T-fal PF311E has these dimensions: 16.1 x 12.5 x 14 inches.
- The bread pan has a nonstick coating and single kneading blade.
- Built for use in Canada and United States (120-volt, 60Hz, AC power outlets).
- Cost: view prices at Amazon.com.
Remove the kneading paddle before baking cycle?
No, it is normal to let the kneading paddle bake into the bread loaf. You may remove the kneading paddle from the finished bread loaf. You can use the paddle hook tool to help get it out of the baked bread loaf.
Does it have a baguette tray?
This T-fal bread machine does not have a baguette tray like the older T-Fal Emeril Bread-And-Baguette Maker. It only has a nonstick bread pan. Also, the baguette tray from the older T-fal Emeril will not fit inside the baking chamber of the T-fal PF311E Actibread.
Here is a list of the 15 menu programs:
1. Gluten Free Bread (use a 2-lb gluten free premix)
2. Gluten Free Sweet Bread (2-lb loaf size)
3. Gluten Free Cake (1.5-lb size, use cake premix)
4. Rapid Whole Wheat Bread
5. Whole Wheat Bread
6. Salt Free Bread
7. Rapid Bread
8. Rapid Sweet Bread
9. French Bread (traditional crusty white bread)
10. Sweet Bread (bread recipes with more sugar and fats)
11. Cooking Only (from 10 minutes up to 70 minutes)
12. Bread Dough (kneading and rising)
15. Pasta (knead dough for pasta, noodles or gluten free pizza dough)
Can it make whole wheat bread?
Yes, you can make whole wheat bread in this bread maker. It has two automatic programs for making either a rapid whole wheat or a normal whole wheat bread. The manual has only one whole wheat bread recipe, but it shows the volume measurements for each of the three loaf sizes. You can therefore make a 1 lb, 1.5-lb or 2-lb whole wheat bread loaf with the T-fal ActiBread.
Can it make white bread?
It does not have a specific automatic menu program for white bread. However, you can use the French bread program and a white bread recipe to make a white bread.
What accessories are included?
A measuring spoon, measuring cup, kneading blade removal hook, kneading blade and recipe book with 25 recipes are included with the bread machine.
What is the warranty?
It has a 1 year limited warranty. The product is warranted to be free from material or workmanship defects for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Remember to keep your purchase receipt as a proof of purchase for warranty coverage. Also, do not screw around with the product or try to fix it yourself, because this will void the warranty. Damage done to the product during delivery is not covered by the warranty. The warranty is limited to repairing and replacing faulty parts.
T-Fal ActiBread Manual
You can download a manual from the T-fal website. The manual is in two languages: French and English. It starts with the French, so keep scrolling down until you get to the English part (pages 18 to 31). The manual contains information on using the bread maker and its functions.
The manual does not have enough recipes: only 10 recipes when there are 15 menu programs! It recommends using packaged pre-mixes for making gluten free bread. However, it seems that the bread maker ships with a recipe book that contains 25 extra recipes.
- Control panel is easy to understand and easy to use.
- The lid has a viewing window for taking a quick look at the bread.
- Three gluten free menu programs for making gluten free bread, sweet bread or cake.
- The black plastic top and stainless steel body of the bread machine looks modern.
- The bread pan is held in place by a locking ring, there are no steel springs.
- It does not have an automatic fruit and nut dispenser.
- The instruction manual seems to suffer from a few minor faults.
- The bread pan shape produces a vertical bread loaf, so don’t expect it to look like bread you bought at the bakery.
The T-fal ActiBread bread maker looks good with its stainless steel and black plastic exterior. Its control panel is easy to use. The bread pan twists and locks into place and it unlocks without much hassle. The bread pan and paddle are easy to remove and quick to clean.
The T-fal PF311E bread machine seems to knead and bake very well. It produces tasty bread and cake, although the dark crust color setting might darken the crust just a little too much. The instruction manual could be a bit clearer on the instructions, but if you have owned a bread machine before, it probably won’t be much of a problem.
|The T-fal PF311E ActiBread seems to be a good single paddle, 2-pound loaf bread machine that costs less than $150 (buy it from Amazon.com).|