If you have a bread machine with a Jam function, then you can try to make jam by following the instructions and recipes contained in the machine’s manual or recipe book. You can also search for bread maker jam recipes shared by other people on forums or blogs. You basically follow the recipe, put the ingredients in the baking pan, select the Jam cycle and then leave the machine for a little more than an hour to cook the jam. Take a look at these bread makers with Jam settings.
Bread Machines with a Jam Cycle
Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Mini Bread Maker
This bread machine measures 11 x 8 x 12 inches and weighs 14.7 pounds. It is smaller than other bread machines and bakes a 1-pound loaf of bread. This makes it well suited for a single person or a small family. The small design means it needs less counter space.
The menu settings are Basic (regular, firm), Soft, French, Dough, Cookie/Pasta Dough, Cake, Jam and Quick bread. It has a 13-hour delay timer for planning your baking to fit in with your meal times. It has a viewing window in the lid so you can keep an eye on the mixing, kneading, rising and baking.
- Just under $200, which may be too much for such a small machine.
- It has no option for creating a custom baking cycle like the bigger Zojirushi bread machines.
- It has a viewing window in the lid.
- It needs less space than other bread machine models.
- The price is high, but so is the quality and reliability of the machine.
- Cook jam by using a recipe, ingredients and the bread machine’s jam cycle.
Oster CKSTBRTW20 Bread Maker
This bread machine can bake a 1-pound, 1.5-pound or 2-pound bread loaf and you select the size you want with the loaf size button. It has 12 menu options for baking different types of bread such as Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Sweet and Quick. It has a Dough and Bagel Dough setting for kneading dough. Then there is the jam cycle for cooking jam. The last option is the Bake function for baking only. Choose a light, medium or dark crust color. Use the 13-hour delay timer for delaying the start of a selected baking cycle. This bread maker measures 13.8 x 13 x 14.1 inches.
- Less than $100.
- It does not have a gluten-free baking cycle.
- This is a bread machine with a jam cycle.
- The price is not expensive, less than $100.
Sunbeam 5891 Bread Maker
It has 12 functions for baking bread, kneading dough, cooking jam, baking cake and baking only. Express Bake option can bake a bread in about an hour. 13-hour delay timer and 3 crust shade options. It measures 19 x 13.5 x 14 inches.
- Between $50 and $100.
- The manual and the recipes that are included with the machine are not so good.
- Good performance at a good price.
- This is a bread machine with a jam function for cooking jam.
Conclusion: Bread Machine with a Jam Cycle
If you want a smaller bread machine with a jam function and are willing to pay a little more for it, then consider buying the Zojirushi BB-HAC10.